Monday, May 15, 2006

May Poker Tournament

Victory! This month, I beat 20 other players for the win at the Green Valley Poker Tournament. Played pretty solid tight-aggressive style - only played solid hands and bet big enough to punish limpers when I did bet. The player that finished 2nd was on his 3rd or 4th Scotch on the rocks, so I would have been rather disappointed if I didn't beat him. Although, I did find out how dangerous it can be playing against a drunk. They will bet almost anything so you can't be sure they have it or not. The win will move me up from 12th to 3rd in Player of the Year standings (points awarded to each player making the final table based on how many played that night - 1st: 9 pts. x # of players, 2nd: 8 pts x # of players, etc.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home